Let the little children come to Me,
and do not hinder them,
for the kingdom of God
belongs to such as these.
— Mark 10:14
It is the mission of the preschool, as a ministry of Lutheran Church of the Cross, to be a Christ-centered, Bible-based environment where young children are nurtured, encouraged, and loved in the name of and for the sake of Jesus Christ to develop optimally to be all the Lord desires for them spiritually, intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically.
What’s most important
for your child at Preschool?
Is it a stimulating learning environment?
Is it commitment to provide a high quality, Christ-centered preschool program?
Is it a program that recognizes that early education is much more than childcare?
Is it a staff with an obvious love for children, the passion to educate a young child developmentally and, the desire to continue to grow in their craft?
How about a preschool where your child finds the joy of learning, the enthusiasm to play and expresses love for those who lead them?
If you answered yes to these questions then, YES, Lutheran Church of the Cross Christian Preschool is the perfect place for your child.
The above statements were all observations of LCC Preschool, taken from a Statement of Appreciation to LCC Preschool from the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), a highly regarded accreditation organization.
You and your child will benefit from all of this and so much more that we have to offer.
Thank you to everyone on staff at LCC Preschool! You are all a treasure.
We are so happy to have chosen LCC for our child’s preschool years. Vera J.
Facts and Credentials
• We were established in 1992 and accredited in 2002 by Association of Christian Schools International
• We serve children ages 3-5 years
• We have a low student/teacher ratio of 6 to 1
• Our preschool environment is Christ-centered, Bible-based and loving
• Our classroom management is centered around the fruit of the Spirit…love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control
• We offer spiritual, academic, physical, social and emotional growth through creative expression, hands-on experiences, sensory exploration, use of manipulatives, learning centers, whole-group learning
• We also offer many enrichment opportunities such as daily chapel time; weekly music and movement class; parent/teacher conferences; Zoo-phonics for Pre-K; speech, language and hearing screenings; kindergarten readiness screening; school photos; book orders; grandparent’s day; daddy and me day; mommy and me day; color days and school t-shirts; parent organization (P.S.E.O.)
• We offer after-school literacy & math enrichment classes using the Get Set for School Handwriting Without Tears curriculum
• Excellent employee retention (As of 2016: our newest teacher is on her 8th year; the longest is on her 24th year)
• Teachers are trained in early childhood education; the director holds a California credential; teachers do at least 12 hours of professional growth per year
L.C.C. Preschool is a non-profit Christian ministry to our community and admits students of any sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities made available to the students. State License Number: 300605642
Our Church Home
LCC Preschool is a part of a bigger community. If you do not have a local church home, we invite you to grow in the love of our Lord with us at Lutheran Church of the Cross! We offer a full array of faithful and inspiring ministry programs for ALL ages, including Sunday school, Wednesday Kids’ Night and Choirs, Baptisms, First Communion, and Confirmation, as well as excellent adult Bible studies and weekly worship!